DX » Community » Reviews » Professional Portable Retractable Tripod for SLR/Digital Camera
  • 5 star 10 ( 56% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 39% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Camera tripod

posted by BScott on 07/27/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I bought this tripod for my video camera in order to be able to have a bit more stablity with long range shots and well as to be able to get into the picture myself from time to time instead of either getting stuck holding the camera of begging a passer-bye to attempt to film/photograph us.

The tripod is relatively stable despite it's lightweight construction and size. It is very portable and something you can easily shove into your bag and take along on short trips and outings without feeling you are dragging a cumbersome weight along for the ride. A large quality tripod is of little use if you leave it at home because is is just too much of a pain-in-the-butt to lug about. Better a light weight tripod you take with you than a super quality one at home on the shelf.

Fully extended is has surprisingly little wobble and comes across as reasonably rigid. Perfect for home video cameras and for vacation snapshots with lighter models of cameras

Cons:

If you wish to go out bird watching with a telescope or a SLR with telephoto lens do not get this tripod. You will find it too light weight to risk your expensive equipment on. The legs are quite spindly and large weight will push then in to soft ground as well. It is smaller than it looks

OtherThoughts:

As I said, better to have one that is lightweight than a heavy duty tripod you leave at home. For my Cannon video camera and Sony Cybershot this is great and help alot. but the cybershot is about as heavy as i would go on a regular basis

Bottomline:

I'm quite happy with what I have bought and having seen the tripod I feel I have made the right choice

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections