DX » Community » Reviews » Professional Portable Retractable Tripod for SLR/Digital Camera
  • 5 star 10 ( 56% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 39% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good little tripod for the money

posted by amplogik on 10/25/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

For $15 this is better than my $200 tripod for carrying about on outdoor shoots. Its incredibly light weight, packs down tiny, and weighs next to nothing, so throwing it over your shoulder with your kit bag when traveling is great.

Cons:

Its very light weight and clearly not built for heavy loads. I wouldn't recommend using heavy or telephoto lenses that stick out very far. This is a "just in case" sort of tripod, and not meant for heavy duty. I'd also not trust it too much in a high wind situation.

OtherThoughts:

This is a great gadget to have for someone on the move a lot, who may have occasion to use a tripod once in a while but doesn't want to carry some 10lb monstrosity that takes forever to set up everywhere with them. It is so light you don't notice you're carrying it. I just attached the bag to the bottom of my camera bag, and its there when I need it.

The quality of materials isn't super great, so it will likely need replacing in a year or so, but considering that its only $15, its a great buy and easy enough to replace.

Its never going to replace a serious tripod for heavy duty work, but its great for a mobile kit where you might need one once in a while, and at $15, its almost crazy NOT to have one.

Bottomline:

Great buy at the price and a great addition to any camera kit.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections