• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great Tool ,Works Great

posted by davoz on 06/22/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Great unit that does the advertised job quick and effortlessly.

If you can find it cheaper good luck!

I have been looking for a quality EPG(electric pick gun) for a while now and after reading about users having problems with the batteries in the other listed EPG it was great to see this unit here.

Shipping to Australia was OK,about 21 days.

Comes with enough charge to open a lock and enough picks to open most locks.

Works on either the up or down stroke by easily turning the pick attachment over.

Also works good as a drill for very fine work(spins fast but does not handle much load).

The whole set goes back into its own bag which is always good.

Cons:

Connecting the pick head to the main unit was a task and a half.

The plastic on the handle unit was a little big and needed to be forced slightly to go on.

The locking mechanism worked great when the pick was in the pick down position but would not engage in the up position until the plastic was trimmed slightly(works now)

Seeing as how I ordered this in Oz and DX knows it is coming to Oz, Why not send it with a travel adapter.This was not a problem for me but could be a pain in the butt for others

OtherThoughts:

Great kit and the best price I have found!

I have been waiting for a long time for a deal on these so thank you DX.

Now we need to see spares for these like pick sets.

Bottomline:

Obviously not everyones cup of tea.

I personally have never met a thief that would know how to use these let alone the patience time and money it takes to acquire this tool and learn to use it.

For me this is a hobby and DX has been a great place to fill the toolkit for peanuts.

Another great product for a bloody great price

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections