There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A very good zippo copy

posted by Cloffy on 09/19/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I have used this lighter for a few weeks now. It's holding up very well.
    The design is remarkably good, the lighter feels very solid, the parts are high-quality. It actually seems to be very close to zippo in quality. Also, the design is almost an exact copy (except for the insert, which doesn't have the zippo bulges on the sides. The lighter is made by Team Pistol, a manufacturer of high quality lighters.
    All parts function very well and it looks like a genuine zippo, except for the Team Pistol markings on the bottom.

Cons:

The hinges weren't adjusted perfectly. The lid wouldn't close completely, leaving a small gap (increasing fuel leakage besides the aesthetic concerns). That didn't take too much to fix - I slightly bent the hinge (the way they do in zippo factories - inserting a very thin, flat object near the hinges and closing the lid, with the insert removed).
    The design isn't quite matted, it's more like a slightly uneven gloss finish. It is not perfectly even and doesn't look like a high quality finish, but it is still quite beautiful, if you don't look at it from 20cm away.
    I haven't yet had the problem mentioned in another review about the insert somehow losing color or paint or plating or something. It's holding up quite fine - only slight burn marks (using zippo fuel), which is perfectly fine.

OtherThoughts:

It doesn't sound like most zippos I've heard in movies (you know, the "classic zippo sound"), but then I compared it to a zippo lighter that I happened to come across, and this one actually sounded nicer than the particular zippo lighter, which sounded flat, while this Team Pistol lighter has some ring to opening the lid, which is nice :)

Bottomline:

A great zippo copy for this price. Recommended.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections