Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• For the price - excellent

posted by Drak0z on 08/20/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

+ Good, bright light
    + White is actually white
    + Comes with PSU
    + Cheap
    + Waterproof

Cons:

- Options of the controller are not that good. One of the options just cycles through red green and blue at an irregular pace. Speed of it is not managable.
    - I have ordered 5 of these, 1 of these controllers was defective. Have yet to open it up, but looks like a bad connection on the Red line. Not that important for me as I've ordered a different controller for the bunch.

OtherThoughts:

I have ordered 5x5 meters. The order was split up between one envelope with 2 and one envelope with 3 rolls. Unfortunately the latter one got picked out by customs and cost me an additional 25 euros. I had expected worse. As I'll be using these for my ceiling, I have ordered one separate controller at a local shop, because I don't yet fully trust the buildquality :-) I have also not had one of the controllers on for a prolonged period, so I cannot judge about the heat the controllers give off.

Bottomline:

Excellent price/quality rating. Controller appears to be the only weak point. You just have to hope it is not a 'monday morning' model or you're handy with a soldering iron or electronics in general.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections