Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good light for hallway or basement

posted by toaod on 07/21/2011
    7 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The striplight comes on a roll sealed in an antistatik bag. The striplight can easily be cut as there is a joint after every 3rd LED. So you can either use the 200 3-LED-sets or you can use the complete strip. As there are soldering points on each side of the 3-LED-set you can make a cut after 2 meter and then connect the rest of the 8 meter with an cable. Or you use 2x12V powersupplies if you do not have the minimum required 4A powersupply. I used the striplight with a 5A 12V powersupply as a replacement for 200Watt Bulbs in a basement hallway and this is much better now.

The back side of the strip has an adhesive tape, so it is very easy to attach to a rack, cabinet or anywhere on appropiate surface in the car. Even on raw stone in our basement the tape is working.

Cons:

The light is not as warm as a bulb. It is not the cold blue light that some of the LEDs have. It looks a little bit yellowish... but this is only a problem if you compare it directly.

OtherThoughts:

A powersupply added to the set would be geat if you are not planning to use this for car decoration.

I tested it with 2m as light under a cabinet in the kitchen and it was OK. But my wife did not like the colour of the light so I had to remove it.

Bottomline:

Perfect replacement for bulb light in hallways or in the basement.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections