There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Awesome light.

posted by ppaiva on 03/24/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I used 3 reels with one 12Vcc 15A power supply (124509) for a decorative indirect ilumination in a living room.
    It looked wonderfull.
    The 3300K warm light gave the perfect cosiness sensation in the room.
    The reel comes in an anti static bag that can avoid long transport issues.
    The reel is graduated so you dont need to measure how much of the strip lasts in it.
    The adhesive tape appied in it's rear is a very strong 3M tape.
    The cut marks and soldering points are a good way to do maintenance in case some of the smd led's die.

Cons:

The adhesive tape is very strong so it can bring you problems during the application if it glues in wrong places or in your fingers.
    The adhesive tape also tends to get itself full of dust during the application making the proper attachment impossible. You must clean the area very well first.
    The strip is not completely flexible so it can be a little dificult to perfectlly circumvent some surfaces like a decorative ceiling.
    I bought 3 reels. In just one of them there are wire soldered in both ends. Dont use it to connect to another led strip because the current will fall making the light go less bright. Use an alternative circuit with other pair of cables to supply power to the other strip.

OtherThoughts:

The cosiness achieved by using those LED's just made my home a lot better place to be.

Bottomline:

If somebody asks me I would say to buy it before it gets more expensive.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections