DX » Community » Reviews » Portable Folding Desk Stand Holder for Ipad/Ipad 2/Laptops - Black
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 100% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Basic, but functional!

posted by cgarvey on 08/28/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Good and sturdy. Quite big, so feels good and secure holding your device.
    Although when the legs are extended (for a device much bigger than an iPad), it feels less secure.
    I've not noticed any movement/wobbling when using the iPad on this in landscape or portrait mode, and it makes it quite easy to type on the touch screen.
    Plenty of good angle options as well. There are 7 stops (the device clicks in to place, securely) between totally vertical and totally horizontal).
    Also works fine with a variety of devices that I've tried: iPad/iPad2/HP TouchPad.

Cons:

I never paid attention to the size measurements, so I was surprised at how big it is! In landscape mode, the height of of the stand is just short (~1cm) of the iPad; and that's without the legs extended.
    With the legs extended, I'd be less confident of this holding a larger device securely, but you don't need to extend the legs for use with the iPad.
    There's only a rubber foot on the main back leg, which is fine for most scenarios, but it would have been nice to have rubber feet on all legs.
    The swing-out stubs at the bottom of both of the front legs are very loose & poorly built. However once they're out, they feel secure (and don't feel like they're going to break off under the weight of the device resting on them).

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

Great stand for the price paid. Some minor build quality issues, but nothing that take away the usefullness of the stand, or the good value it is!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections