• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great product for Sunday's Electricians

posted by Rascafr007 on 09/22/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- It's tiny and cute ; fit perfectly in a pocket

- Came with two probes (x1/x10 for high frequency signals and another one for use with a breadboard)

- It's OPEN-SOURCE ! You can easely find examples of code and compilator to customize your DSO (Add XY mode, FFT view, increase performances, or play Snake...)

- LCD Screen is very bright, and there is a buzzer inside of the product

- You can save waveforms in a lot of formats : BMP, CSV (to use with Excel)

- Autonomy is very good due to the high capacity battery (1000 mAh)

- The DSO seems to be built with high quality materials.

- The signals generator can produce a lot a kind of waveforms, up to 8 MHz

- You can setup logical operations between the two digital inputs (AND, OR), and mathematical operations between the two analogs inputs (+, -)

- The Trigger works pretty well !

Cons:

- Like I said before, the device is very tiny. For me it's an advantage, but others people may not like it.

- The probes connectors are not as common as true oscilloscope connectors. Maybe DX should sell some adaptators.

- The signal pin inside the probes connector is very skinny and can twist easily.

- I have not received the USB cable that was mentioned on the page.

OtherThoughts:

If you need to know what's happening in a circuit, this device is for you ! Of course, for the price, you cannot expect the performances of a true digital oscilloscope, but remember that the DSO is 10 times less expensive !

Documentation says it's able to get signals up to 72 MHz, but in reality, this number is the rate of samples / seconds. So I prefer to say that the max frequency of a signal to be analysed is ~10Mhz.

Maybe the device can be delivered without calibration. Don't worry, there is a automatic calibration mode in the setup menu :)

Bottomline:

If you dream of sinusoidal waveforms all of the night, don't wait anymore : BUY IT ! You will not regret it ! :)

• Global view of the DSO203
    • DSO203 once powered
    • Back view of the DSO203
    • Example of signal view

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections