• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Heavy duty

posted by Badger on 12/11/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This is a big and heavy wire stripper. It is made entirely out of metal (with exception to the handle covers) and has a very weighty feel to it, like it's meant to do far more than strip wires.
    I'm impressed with the build quality. The corners are rounded, the metal painted, and the overall feel is that it isn't some cheap knockoff, but a good quality tool. This will be a solid replacement for my former wire-strippers.

Cons:

The smallest stripping hole is not smalle enough to strip some small wires, but my old one couldn't do those either, so it's not a huge loss.

OtherThoughts:

Note that you need to squeeze the stripper completely when stripping so that it'll go through an entire "cycle" of grabbing the wire, stripping, and then releasing the wire. Otherwise the wire will still be held by the contraption, possibly bending it.

The stripper comes with a screw-on metal rail thing which you can see in the photos. This thing is for positioning in behind the stripping section of the tool so that you can consistently set how much you want to strip off the end. It took me a little while to figure this out, but it comes in handy.

Bottomline:

I'm very happy with this tool, especially considering what I was planning to pay for a stripper like this.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections