DX » Community » Reviews » USB Cable via RJ45 Extender Set (Power Boost Up to 150 feet)
  • 5 star 6 ( 55% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 36% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymiki80 on 03/15/2013

Muy util para cubrir largas distancias, yo lo uso con un cable de mas de 20 metros y funciona sin problemas para usar perifericos tipo teclado raton o gamepads es la mejor opcion que se me ocurre Lamentablemente funciona unicamente como usb 1.0 por lo que usarlo con algun pendrive o disco duro portatil para mover y copiar archivos no es una buena opcion ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byrafaelgarbosa on 02/14/2013

Good price, easy to use (plug n play). Slow delivery. You will use your gadget in a very easy way, if you are still alive when it arrives. I use the RJ45 to keep my desktop in may bedroom and play games in my desktop from my social room in television, with hdmi cable with 15meters directly linked from desktop video card to my sony bravia. The controllers ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byntpckr on 09/20/2012

Extend the distance of USB devices to your computer. Compatible with many devices (tried multiple). RJ45 cables are much cheaper then USB cables or other USB extending solutions. None encountered so far. I use it to monitor my solar inverter. It is connected with a RJ11 connector/converter to RS485/232, then a RS485/232 to USB converter, then the USB/... Read more

0 0
  • posted byharalddo on 06/26/2012

As always with Dealextreme, it's cheap. Easy to use and has a cable that makes it easy to fasten with tie wraps for permanent installation Can't always trust the connection. It says 150ft and that can be true if you only use it with a keyboard or with a powered USB device like a hdd or a camera. Could it help to power it with a second power cable or ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFreakazodiak on 07/26/2009

+++Can cover a big distance. +Plug and Play +Completely transparent for the computer -Only usb 1.0 -I have to and both are not manufactured so well. There is no cable tension protection on the USB connectors. Its easy enough to rip of a cable inside the connector. On was delivered with a shortcut with eventually destroyed the device. -Voltage drop over ... Read more

0 0
  • posted by1beer on 03/01/2009

Very straightforward usage tested with an MP3 player. Currently using it for a long connection to a printer. Server is located in an inconvenient location so this solved the problem of sharing the printer with all users and having the printer in a convenient location to retrieve the printed documents. As listed it is USB1.1 Although that really isn'... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypaulob on 10/21/2008

Simple to operate, no drivers etc Works over quite a distance. Allows cheap USB devices to be extended from the PC. Haven't found any. I've tested this with a webcam (with LEDS) to provide the USB data and it works well over about 40 metres, this includes my patch panel. I will be using this with the USB Digital Thermometer Dongle (sku 07003) to do ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byqupada on 04/14/2008

It beats standing in the server room disc jockeying. It's cold and noisy in there, warm and quiet at my desk. Tested over approximately 25 metres of in-wall network wiring plus two 1 metre patch cables, call it 85 feet, give or take. Less than half the price of any equivalent product I found on eBay. Completely transparent to the PC, so should support ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygmatth on 12/22/2007

Almost works as claimed above. I'm using a 20+ foot cable and it works fine. There is no way to get USB2 speeds. I've looked around in other forums and everyone says the same thing. This does what is says, just not USB 2. If you need USB 2 speed, get something else. Read more

0 0
  • posted bysteve.h on 12/05/2007

Worked first time. (Tested only over a distance of 2 metres) None obvious yet. Recognised by Linux (Ubuntu Gutsy). Looks like it will do what I want it to. Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections