DX » Community » Reviews » USB Cable via RJ45 Extender Set (Power Boost Up to 150 feet)
  • 5 star 6 ( 55% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 36% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymiki80 on 03/15/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Muy util para cubrir largas distancias, yo lo uso con un cable de mas de 20 metros y funciona sin problemas para usar perifericos tipo teclado raton o gamepads es la mejor opcion que se me ocurre Cons:Lamentablemente funciona unicamente como usb 1.0 por lo que usarlo co... Read more

1 0
  • posted byrafaelgarbosa on 02/14/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good price, easy to use (plug n play). Cons:Slow delivery. You will use your gadget in a very easy way, if you are still alive when it arrives. OtherThoughts:I use the RJ45 to keep my desktop in may bedroom and play games in my desktop from my social room in t... Read more

0 0
  • posted byntpckr on 09/20/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Extend the distance of USB devices to your computer. Compatible with many devices (tried multiple). RJ45 cables are much cheaper then USB cables or other USB extending solutions. Cons:None encountered so far. OtherThoughts:I use it to monitor my solar inverter. It is conn... Read more

0 0
  • posted byharalddo on 06/26/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:As always with Dealextreme, it's cheap. Easy to use and has a cable that makes it easy to fasten with tie wraps for permanent installation Cons:Can't always trust the connection. It says 150ft and that can be true if you only use it with a keyboard or with a p... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFreakazodiak on 07/26/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:+++Can cover a big distance. +Plug and Play +Completely transparent for the computer Cons:-Only usb 1.0 -I have to and both are not manufactured so well. There is no cable tension protection on the USB connectors. Its easy enough to rip of a cable inside the c... Read more

0 0
  • posted by1beer on 03/01/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Very straightforward usage tested with an MP3 player. Currently using it for a long connection to a printer. Server is located in an inconvenient location so this solved the problem of sharing the printer with all users and having the printer in a convenient location to... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypaulob on 10/21/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Simple to operate, no drivers etc Works over quite a distance. Allows cheap USB devices to be extended from the PC. Cons:Haven't found any. OtherThoughts:I've tested this with a webcam (with LEDS) to provide the USB data and it works well over about 40 metres, this incl... Read more

0 0
  • posted byqupada on 04/14/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:It beats standing in the server room disc jockeying. It's cold and noisy in there, warm and quiet at my desk. Tested over approximately 25 metres of in-wall network wiring plus two 1 metre patch cables, call it 85 feet, give or take. Less than half the price of... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygmatth on 12/22/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Almost works as claimed above. I'm using a 20+ foot cable and it works fine. Cons:There is no way to get USB2 speeds. I've looked around in other forums and everyone says the same thing. OtherThoughts: Bottomline:This does what is says, just not USB 2. If you ne... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysteve.h on 12/05/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Worked first time. (Tested only over a distance of 2 metres) Cons:None obvious yet. OtherThoughts:Recognised by Linux (Ubuntu Gutsy). Bottomline:Looks like it will do what I want it to. Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections