DX » Community » Reviews » USB Programming Cable for Kenwood/WouXun/PuXing/QuanSheng Walkie Talkie
  • 5 star 21 ( 66% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 31% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byCodeZombie on 06/24/2014

Cable works well, and installs automatically under windows 7 which is really nice. The CHIRP software makes programming the Baofeng UV-5RA a heck of a lot easier than doing it manually. The construction feels a bit cheap, but treat it with care and it should be fine. I've kept the cable in my backpack which gets thrown around daily, and it still works ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycamf3498 on 01/26/2014

This cable has saved me so much time for programming my Baofeng UV-5r. The whole process was effortless and was a breeze to set up. The cable has plug and play because I just plugged the cable into my computers USB port and Windows 8 automatically installed the relevant drivers. The cable works great with CHIRP and is 100% compatible. None at all! At ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byw0ut0 on 01/14/2014

I bought this programming cable to program my Baofeng UV-5Rs. Since I heard they were a pain in the ass to program by hand, I just ordered this one for a couple of euros. After some tinkering (see cons), I managed to get it to work flawlessly on my computer. I do recommend using the CHIRP Software instead of the software on the CD. Like I said, it's ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycianuro on 12/18/2013

Works flawlessly with CHIRP software under Linux. The connector is good, the quality overall is fantastic. Fits perfectly with my Baofeng UV-5R You have to do a bit of research before buying, because there are some devices this cable is not needed nor useful. But I know for sure it works for baofeng and wouxun devices. If you don't have this cable you ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byevgeny2006 on 11/27/2013

I think, that it is a good product. The order of use: 1) driver USB is established from a disk of the software; 2) It Is established from a disk software maintenance for a portable radio set; 3) we connect a cord a portable radio set to port USB; 4) we include a portable radio set; 5) It is started established on a computer from a disk the program; ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydixier1337 on 11/21/2013

cable seems sufficiently coated and sturdy. supports multiple makes of transceivers supports multiple radio software included driver cd however it wasn't needed with win7. just one tiny little area that seems like a weak link, between the usb connector and the end of the string connected to it. if cable was a bit longer it would definitely be a bit ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byandresnick on 11/04/2013

Does what it has to do, good price! Works brilliantly with XP and Baofeng UV-5R. CHIRP software works good on Baofeng! Driver needs to be searched from internet, the driver on attached CD does not work with XP. Attached software on CD is not working good, while Chirp aside works well. Go and download the latest Profilic driver from the Profilic website,... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymaartenpas on 10/27/2013

This programming cable makes programming your handy very easy. Without it programming your devices usually is very hard. Its necessary for handy's like the BAOFENG UV-5R radioi because pregramming without this is near to impossible. None really. Read that some people really have difficulty installing the cable (since it has a built in usb-to-serial ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byerikfrog on 10/05/2013

Very useful cable. Comes with driver and software for for several marks. Plastics and connector perfect quality. USB converter with Prolific chip can sometimes bring some problems, but update system and drivers can solve problems. Also trying another usb port. Tested on several PC, after few minutes all pc´s work OK. Price should be better. Nothing ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylimpknot on 09/01/2013

Cable quality very good overall. The pins and contacts are of good quality. The ease of installation is also great. I used the Windows 8 and it worked perfectly. Also tested on Windows XP and it was successful. I tested the radio brand "Wouxun" model "kgv1dp" and it was all normal. Could use perfectly. The CD that accompanies the ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections