DX » Community » Reviews » USB Programming Cable for Kenwood/WouXun/PuXing/QuanSheng Walkie Talkie
  • 5 star 16 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 9 ( 35% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byCodeZombie on 06/24/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Cable works well, and installs automatically under windows 7 which is really nice. The CHIRP software makes programming the Baofeng UV-5RA a heck of a lot easier than doing it manually. Cons:The construction feels a bit cheap, but treat it with care and it sho... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycamf3498 on 01/26/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This cable has saved me so much time for programming my Baofeng UV-5r. The whole process was effortless and was a breeze to set up. The cable has plug and play because I just plugged the cable into my computers USB port and Windows 8 automatically installed the relevant... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydixier1337 on 11/21/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:cable seems sufficiently coated and sturdy. supports multiple makes of transceivers supports multiple radio software included driver cd however it wasn't needed with win7. Cons:just one tiny little area that seems like a weak link, between the usb connector an... Read more

1 0
  • posted byandresnick on 11/04/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Does what it has to do, good price! Works brilliantly with XP and Baofeng UV-5R. CHIRP software works good on Baofeng! Cons:Driver needs to be searched from internet, the driver on attached CD does not work with XP. Attached software on CD is not working good, w... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymaartenpas on 10/27/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This programming cable makes programming your handy very easy. Without it programming your devices usually is very hard. Its necessary for handy's like the BAOFENG UV-5R radioi because pregramming without this is near to impossible. Cons:None really. Read that... Read more

1 0
  • posted byTacheon on 07/25/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This device has a Prolific chipset. It is instantly recognized by Win 7, and does not require any other setup. This was tested with a Baofeng UV-5RE. It worked perfectly with the freely downloadable CHIRP software. It makes programming channels and settings fl... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAndyR89 on 06/26/2013

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Easy to connect and install. Seems like good quality materials used. Software runs on most operating systems and speeds of machines despite other manufacturers claiming THEIR software runs better on older machines Cons:Not easy to pick correct radio model, lack... Read more

0 0
  • posted byflaviofabri on 06/01/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Ótimo produto e de baixo preço. Comprei para programar o Baofeng UV 5 que adquiri aqui no Deal Extreme. Mesmo sem nunca ter feito isto, baixei o programa, após pesquisa de cinco minutos na internet e programei o rádio sem qualquer problema.... Read more

6 0
  • posted byjaneku on 05/30/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Good manufacturing of usb cable. Good drivers (latest), work good with Win7. Easy installed almost in a 3 mins. Cons:Not working on Albrecht HAM Radio (model DB 271). It supposed to work on Wouxun series (that means as far as i know, it is the same like Albrecht) but did... Read more

0 0
  • posted byskyking2 on 03/25/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works great was up and running in less than 5 minutes! I had already preloaded the latest version of Chirp 3.0.0 having Windows 7 it found the drivers and uploaded them went to port 3. Cable looks well made. Cons:I would be dubious of the driver mini disk they give you as... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections