DX » Community » Reviews » 8-LED Blue & Red Light Water Temperature Visualizer Sensor Round Shower Head (8")
  • 5 star 1 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Excellent shower head with a few issues

posted by CaptKirk on 06/08/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Well built shower head. Very stylish and modern looking. Clean lines. Nozzles are the rubber type that are easy to clean and clear if they get clogged. The swivel is strong and well designed. The LEDS are bright and look very cool. I can leave the lights off in the bathroom as the shower head lights the shower now with free water power! The unit I received has 12 LEDs like (SKU: 117457). Temp sensing is fairly fast and seems reasonably accurate. The generator in the water stream is very quiet (for now).

Cons:

The clear disk is NOT glass, unless the glass made in China these days is plastic. Not sure if plastic will hold up against water and cleaning as well as glass would. I paid a bit more because I wanted glass. The attachment does not have anyplace for a wrench- it is perfectly round so to get it tight on your water pipe, you either need a special non-scuffing tool, or risk gouging the chrome with pliers or lock wrench. Sometimes the LED color cannot decide if it is warm, hot or too hot so you get flashing back and forth between pink-warm, red-hot AND blinking red- very hot when things are actually in the HOT range.

OtherThoughts:

The price seems a bit high for getting plastic instead of glass. The overall quality is very good and it is impossible without touching to tell it is plastic so I will keep it. Time will tell if the generator stays as quiet over time as it is now.

Bottomline:

This (or actually SKU: 117457) is great if you like LEDs and water combined like me.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections