DX » Community » Reviews » Translucent Map Compass and Distance Measurement Tool
  • 5 star 7 ( 47% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 47% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjuuce on 08/16/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Its well made, the plastic injection molding is good quality, and it has tight tolerances and it has a tight hinge, so it doesnt flap about. The dial is nice and responsive. Great Price Cons:None Cant complain, you get what you pay for. OtherThoughts:It has al... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykatanakat on 04/18/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Very solid. Clear plastic housing of compass itself came with little to no scratches whatsoever. The needle points in the same direction (north!) on all six units I purchased. The hinge seems very firm with no play at all. The lanyard is a bit cheap, but doubt anyone buys... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybcsanches on 02/11/2013

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Very nice quality and well done product. The acrylic plastic is quite clear and the lens are quite good for alignment. Cons:The joint used on the acrylic is not so good and after a few usages became loosely and not hard as it was on the first use. OtherThought... Read more

1 0
  • posted bynikolat on 10/01/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Great item for camping in nature or doing some other activity in wilderness. It has great quality, very sturdy and nice looking. Great as a gift (I bought it for my brother and he was delighted). Cons:None as I know. Maybe it needs some user manual for a noob like me :) I... Read more

1 0
  • posted bymrdebug on 09/01/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Lightweight and translucent. Can be used as navigating and marching compass. Don't need to open the cover to see where is "N". Its transparency allows you to see your map through the compass. Cons:The compass needle is always hanging if not holding exactly perpendicular... Read more

1 1
  • posted byferrari21 on 08/22/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:i bought this for my friend who in turn gave it to his kids. they are now using it during hiking and camping and very happy with the usage. i'm not an expert in compass reading so I don't really know how it compares with the other brands. all I know is it's a great gadg... Read more

0 0
  • posted bystupe on 04/28/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Lightweight and translucent. Can be used as both navigating compass and marching compass. Don't need to open the cover to see where is "N". Cons:The flip open cover could use some kind of locking mechanism. If hang the compass on neck and after some... Read more

3 0
  • posted bymaxime75 on 01/27/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Very good compass for the price, you won't find any other compass at the same price. In France this is typically a 30$ range compass. What is more it fells very sturdy. Cons:None except a small piece of plastic to lock it closed would make it perfect ! But for the price w... Read more

2 0
  • posted byZeph6254 on 08/17/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This compass is the perfect one for you. It will accompany you everywhere, in all your outings. Its transparency allows you to see your map through the compass. Cons:None for me. OtherThoughts:I have been using this for over a year, and it still works perfectl... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysacklunch on 01/12/2008

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Compass seems to work well Cons:none for me OtherThoughts:I only use this as a compass in the field, don't need anything terribly accurate and this is big enough not to get lost too easily. Bottomline:Works well for me. Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections