DX » Community » Reviews » Plastic Bicycle Swivel Mount Holder for Samsung i9100 Galaxy s2
  • 5 star 12 ( 80% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Stable and Pefect Fit Mount

posted by icymetal on 10/12/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I ride my mountain bike a few days a week and I always like to keep track of my progress in terms of distance, pace and most importantly the trails I take.

i recently got a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I wanted to use it while riding my bike. I use sports-tracker app on my Samsung and before I had this mount I used to keep it in my bag's side pocket. This was cumbersome to get it out to see how I'm doing and I always was afraid to
    lose it.

I ordered this mount from DX and hoped it will be strong enough and stable to allow a continuous use while riding.

I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of this mount. It is hooked firmly to the bar and allows me to set the angle to my liking thanks to it swivel part. I used rough terrains and it kept very well with not even shaking.

This is an excellent product!

Cons:

In order to use it I have to get the case off since the phone fits firmly inside the mount.

OtherThoughts:

Needing to get the phone out of the case is not a real con since this is one of the reasons it is so stable.

It takes a few trials (couple of minutes) to get the hang of getting the phone in and out - at first I was afraid it will damage the phone, but it doesn't. It has a perfect fit.

I needed to set it on the smallest diameter of the bar (my bike has a variable diameter-bar) so it's close to the shifts, but not in the way.

Bottomline:

I'd buy it again if something happen to it and it also a great gift to a fellow rider.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections