• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A must buy.

posted by Rokas on 02/03/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- REALLY good build quality

- Very long flame in torch mode

- Two adjustable parameters - air/gas mix ratio (jet torch to lighter) and output gain (short to long flame)

- Has LOCK switch

- Lights up EVERY time in jet torch mode.

Cons:

- Does not start in lighter mode, need to switch to jet torch, light up and then switch to lighter.

- Came in VERY corrupted box.

- Does not auto adjust itself to pressure/gas quantity. When filled fully with gas, even in weekest gain setting will not fully function as torch, as too much gas/pressure causes it to chuckle and spit liquid gas, which, in turn, makes flame pulse jet to lighter and sometimes even go off. Need to keep on pushing/releasing the button to keep the gas pressure low enough. This is really anoying. When the gas level drops a little, starts working fine. REALLY fine :)

- No window in gas chamber, so you will never know, how much gas is left there...

Gas level

OtherThoughts:

I was expecting an average build quality and just a little longer flame than in ordinary lighters. And I got MUCH more than expected. And that price - maybe a mistake? :)

Bottomline:

I just could not stop playing with it for a couple of days. Really hope it LASTS. It does so far. If You need a tool similar to this - get it NOW. And if You don't need it yet - get it anyway.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections