DX » Community » Reviews » iCON Current Flow VU Meter (500uA)
  • 5 star 3 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bytubegeek on 05/29/2013

Small. Accurate. Useful. Cheap. Did I say small? Front-panel real estate is hard to come by - with these units you can add oh-so-hip analog metering to almost any device and - as others have noted - they are easy to customize with your own scale and graphics. The low price means I'll be emboldened to try customizing them, adding a "peak hold"... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDyrim on 04/25/2012

Work easily with microcontrollers the "icon" text can be easily removed, and you can easily glue paper over back scale to change it None Cleaned the cases with eucalyptus oil to remove sticker then windex to clean them nicely. Im using these with a MSP430 to create a clock, however i have also used them with my netduino and my arduino :) Just ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMildLeeIntrstd on 04/16/2012

Very small unit. Round 30mm face makes panel mounting very easy (compared to a square or rectangular meter). I used a chassis punch to get a neat hole, but a 30mm hole saw would work just as well. Orange "icon" logo and scale are very easy to remove and replace, making it easy to customise. Build quality is very good for a unit of this price.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byshadowsill on 06/24/2009

-Cheap and gets the job done. Does what it's supposed to. -I bought 3 and 1 was broken. I don't think it was damaged in transit, it looked like it was just poor manufacturing - the plastic went so far down that it hit the needle, so the needle couldn't move. If you buy these, make sure you buy at least one more than you need, in case one is broken, ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymarkrages on 03/14/2009

This is an attractive little (about 35mm square) meter. It works as shown. The coil resistance is 800 ohms. DX puts a sticker on each item ordered with an inventory number. On these meters, they chose to add the sticker right on the face of the meter. Even after peeling the sticker off, there is a glob of residual glue from the sticker. This is unattractive,... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections