Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good unit

posted by MildLeeIntrstd on 04/16/2012
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Very small unit.
    Round 30mm face makes panel mounting very easy (compared to a square or rectangular meter). I used a chassis punch to get a neat hole, but a 30mm hole saw would work just as well.
    Orange "icon" logo and scale are very easy to remove and replace, making it easy to customise.
    Build quality is very good for a unit of this price. Cover is attached with small tape tabs, but this makes access to the face easy and the cover can then be glued on more permanently if desired.

Cons:

I ordered 5 of these. All of them work and all arrived individually wrapped in small plastic bags. While 4 had the ID stickers on the bag, one had it smack bang on the face of the meter and it took me a while to find a solvent that would remove the sticker without damaging the plastic! (I used eucliptus oil).
    There is no mounting points. I ended up gluing them in place with electronics silicon (so that they can be peeled off and replaced if necessary.)

OtherThoughts:

I am running these directly from micro controller outputs via a 10k resistor using PWM to set the needle position. The current is so small that back EMF from the coil does not seem to be an issue - at least I have not experienced any problems so far using this method and no "flyback" diodes.

Bottomline:

Very pleased with these and I will be purchasing more.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections