Customer’s impression:
Very Good Quality Good Battery Excellent!! Very good battery set
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Obvious fake, but of reasonable quality

posted by brinkie on 06/07/2013
    5 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Although these batteries are extremely cheap, they seem to meet quality specifications set for this kind of batteries.
    I measured them with a digital voltmeter, both open and then after 2 seconds with a 100 ohm load. Open voltage (when new) should be over 3.2V, loaded shouldn't drop below 2.4V (look for Sony Micro Battery CR2032 PDF on the internet).
    Here are the results (open / loaded):
    #1 3.28V / 2.63V = PASS
    #2 3.34V / 2.30V = PASS
    #3 3.35V / 2.36V = PASS
    #4 3.37V / 2.47V = PASS
    #5 3.47V / 2.66V = PASS
    For comparison, I took a really cheap CR2032 cell which I knew it would be of poor quality. Result:
    open 3.28V, loaded 1.30V. FAIL.
    And the price is a real joke, it's even cheaper than the unbranded batteries (which failed my test) from the local store.

Cons:

Obviously counterfeit Sony batteries. Different packaging than the original, Sony batteries haven't been "made in Japan" for a long time and Sony would NEVER print the address of its main competitor on the flip side of the packaging.

OtherThoughts:

Maybe the Chinese counterfeit industry will learn someday that you shouldn't print Sony on the front and its competitor Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (=Panasonic) on the back.

Bottomline:

Cheap, obvious fake, but better than the other cheap ones and seems to meet Sony specifications.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections