Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- It is the smallest and cheapest device you can get for this function.
- Fitted for most projects involving temperature monitoring, like rooms or furniture with cluttered devices.
- With proper applications, you can access the data remotely (i.e., webpage) and get alerts by mail.
- It is possible to develop your own software for reading temp.
- The package delivered is slightly different from the one in DX, green background, no software, and no cable. This is not critical for me because the device is OK.
- Do not trust completely on the readings. Remember, it is not intended to be a high-precision thermometer, is just to have a clue. Expect some distortion depending on where do you install the device (how close it is from warm/cool sources).
Google for "Temper software" and "temper UTAC" in order to locate several interesting options and applications for this little device.
I tried it on Windows 7 RC1 without problems, so it should be supported for most 32 bit OSes.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.