DX » Community » Reviews » Nite Ize Knotbone Sneaker Boot Shoes Lace Lock Holder - Black
  • 5 star 6 ( 86% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 14% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Everyone should buy this!

posted by RevolverOcelot on 05/25/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I bought this because I wear running shoes alot and I hate having to constantly tie my laces or have my laces come loose while I'm exercising. I've seen these locally in stores for about $7-$10 so for $3, I couldn't resist buying a set. After a couple of days using these on my shoes, I'm glad I bought it!

There are two ways of using the knotbone:

1. Lock method

2. Cinch method

Lock method wraps the laces around the knotbone and hooks it securely in place (as shown on the packaging). This is perfect for jogging, sports and exercising as the laces will remain tightly locked in position and never come loose. Cinch method works like a drawstring and is more for casual shoe wear. Simply pull the laces away from you as you pull the knotbone towards you and your laces will tighten. This is perfect if you just need to go out for casual or short walks.

Cons:

Instructions state that your laces must be cut to length to accomodate the end caps. If you don't feel comfortable cutting your shoes' original laces, buy cheap laces and use those instead.

OtherThoughts:

Works on all types of shoes and boots... Also works with both flat and round laces. Knotbone and end caps are made from high quality plastic. Appears to be a genuine Nite-Ize product! (The packaging and paper inserts are all 100% identical to the real thing.) Nite-Ize is very reputable and makes a lot of neat gadgets. I've been a big fan of their products since the mid-90's. If you have never owned or tried a Nite-Ize product before, give them a try!

Bottomline:

If you have problems with your shoe laces always coming loose or you prefer a neater and easier way of securing your laces, you should get this product. I'm absolutely wowed by this product and will order more for my other shoes. Fantastic product!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections