• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Fine for a DVD device taking some precautions

posted by demonss on 12/06/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I bought for a DVD for car.
    It match to any other product, must look for real dimmensions of device to be fitted.
    It is as described and materials and finishing is according to technical descripition.
    My DVD is heavier as
    for IPAD/A-EPADS should fir perfectly.
    As it is in 2 main parts, headrest fits can remain installed in car without any disturbance.

Cons:

For european car headrest rods is not adapted but can be used.(calmps are thiner). See other thoughts for more details
    Tightening can be better, take care of orienting fitting not to overstress it.
    Due to DVD weight sometimes holder became loose in bumpy roads. For IPADS/tablet is not an issue (less device weight)
    For DVD depth of holder can be limitted,mine is to maximum wide allowed.
    Holder clipping to headrest support can be improved as per softening hole edges, so clipping would be easier and no risk of damaging when dismounting from holder

OtherThoughts:

There are many models on catalogue so look at all this product types to find-out what should match better to your device.
    A trick for the thicker rods issue is to clamp the clips in inversed position (clamp lever to the left to avoid stressing clamp and broking it).If ti brokes you can bonded it and then install with this trick, any way in case of breakdown of headrest calmps you can use a fixing plastic tight
    After eight months the couple of supports are still on the road

Bottomline:

I think no comparison wiht EU models sold, they are the same but price in Dx is far much better by a rate 1/3

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections