Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymicop on 06/22/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Works perfectly with HDD and multi DVDROM, if red LED comes ON something is wrong. And you must reconnect device. I tried to use this converter on two PCs and it worked well on both. Cons:Faster DATA transfer than IDE connection. Good price. Compatible with all IDE devi... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydersoi on 06/02/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Little, easy to install and use. Doesn't need any knowledge in informatic or electronic. Also ther is a cable with, so you don't need too buy one! He had all de connexon that you need. Cons:Delicate... Very delicate, you juste puch some part of the piece and it may brea... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymutis3000 on 04/06/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Converter works with hard disk drives and optical drives like CD-ROM, DVD-ROM. Easy install, converter has all the needed cabels included. Fits firmly in place. Very low price, and works flawlessly. Cons:There's no kind of casing, so inner workings of converter are bare... Read more

1 0
  • posted bytheunf on 03/24/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I really helped me to power up an old dual p3 server with SATA Harddrives! Now i have four sata II harddrives running on it using the primary/slave of the two IDE channels. Much better that my old 80G SCSI-II Harddrives. Cons:I preffer to cover the board with... Read more

2 0
  • posted byYenary on 03/17/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Nice item. small and good pcb. not so bad compare with the price. cable and socket all complete. nice colour. Cons:The packing not good enough. and i get this item's package without being locked. No instruction code. Not so long the cable of the SATA. OtherThoughts:Next... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhlinka on 12/28/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Good function on new motherboard gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H with old IDE DVD drive HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N, fully functional read and write. Good price. Only HW solution, no any drivers need. Cons:Careful assemble, lock IDE socket in some cases (my DVD drive for example) all... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysirprospect on 12/28/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Works exceptionally well - No issues whatsoever - Quiet Operation - Draws low amount of power - Minimal profile inside the computer - sits firm with the hard drive Cons:- Initial setup may confuse novices OtherThoughts:The Adapter is perfect for everyone wit... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGrantly on 11/21/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Plug...play. No special software required. Pretty simple operation. (If you are a pull it apart and get yours hands dirty type of person.) Cons:Requires some technical knowledge. Have you replaced a hard drive in a PC? Or a broken DVD or CD player? If so then... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKameSense on 05/15/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works very well with recent and older IDE drives, even with manufacturer utilities like PowerMax and SHDIAG. Works in AHCI or standard modes. Cons:Didn't work with a Plextor IDE DVD reader, nor with a Plextor IDE DVD writer, nor with a Sony IDE DVD reader. I tri... Read more

5 0
  • posted bycarlosserra on 12/17/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I have had this product for quite some time and I have not had any issues in the functionality.It works ok, very fast transfer rate.I use it on a WD 80Gb, and i try it as a boot disk, and it woks very whell. Cons:Doesn't have any protection over the adapter's... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections