Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Overall decent

posted by Nessly on 09/02/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The item does serve as an excellent grip! Compared to the translucent version (SKU 18770), the grip on this is much better and doesn't slide at all. This can be good if you want pure grip or bad if you want more comfort.

Cons:

The silicon used in this yellow version seems to be different than that used in the translucent version. I was expecting this yellow version to have the same feel as the translucent version (SKU 18770). The translucent one has very soft powdery feel to it unlike this yellow one that sort of feels like it sticks to your hands. After about a halft-hour of use, the grip makes the controller feel sticky and warm, being a little uncomfortable.
    Overall this grip forms around the controller very good and tight, however there are small flaps around the left and right triggers that are loose and can cause distraction, again, unlike the translucent version. A simple snip with the scissors to cut the excess dangling flaps did the trick, though.

OtherThoughts:

The actual color of the grip I recieved isn't nearly as vivid as in the picture. The color is actually like a very pale green. This didn't bother me though, as it still looks appealing on my black controller.
    The translucent version (SKU 18770) seems to do a much better job of staying dry and cool.

Bottomline:

For the cheap price, you can't beat this. Keep in mind, this is SUPER GRIPPY. Also, after some use, it may feel a bit sticky (sort of like having sweaty feet in sandals).
    Otherwise, if you want a little less grip and more comfort go with the translucent color (SKU 18770) that is softer, stays dry better, has less grip, and feels cool to the touch.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections