DX » Community » Reviews » 6-in-1 Zirconia Ceramic Knives + Peeler + Acrylic Knives Holder Set
  • 5 star 10 ( 83% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 17% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• The perfect gift

posted by onaqui2 on 11/01/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Very good looking knives and knife holder, looks and feels like a high-end item. Extremely good quality knives.

I bought this as a present for a relatives 40th birthday and it exceeded my expectations. These knives would cost about 5 times this price in my country, i saved a fortune buying them!

Cons:

The design of the knife holder isn't in my taste, but i know that the one who got them liked it very much. It's really a matter of preference.

The usual con with very hard knives (steel or ceramic), if you're not careful you can easily break the tip of the knife. Just don't bend things open with the tip and you'll be fine though.

OtherThoughts:

Sharp knives, ceramic knives stay sharp longer than steel knives. But this also means they are a bit harder to get sharp again. When you actually do have to sharpen them it will take a bit longer than sharpening a steel knife. It works in the both directions, but having a knife sharp longer is so worth it.

Also cutting through cheeses and other things that are usually a bit problematic with steel knives was alot easier with these. About half the pressure is required to cut through a piece of hard cheese with the ceramic knives instead of steel knives.

Bottomline:

Good knives, good knife holder, well packaged and didn't take too long to get shipped to Sweden. Saved me alot of money and i'm a very satisfied customer.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections