Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Worths it's price

posted by Translunar on 11/30/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Cheap

- 4 crosshairs - nice set for different targets and ranges

- 3 brightness levels are very nice scaled, level 1 red is good even for twilight, while level 3 green is bright enough for sunny day

- Main parts are solid

- Single dot is small (3 MOA I guess) and well defined in red color

- Clear lens glass

- Low energy consume

- Good package

Cons:

- Windage/elevation screws are made of crap: after turn forward/backward you have no clicks at all; my vertical adjusting screw broken up in first day of use

- Different adjustments for each crosshair type required

- Green color is much brighter than Red, all crosshairs are quite muddy in Green

- Smells very bad out of box (that's because of lens cover, and this smell completely goes out after week or two).

OtherThoughts:

After installation and first adjustments of this scope, all clicks became almost unnoticeable because of crappy screws. The screws metal is very soft, so tiny balls make notches very soon.

When I tried to adjust elevation to it's upper position (slowly and without overtightening) the central screw was broken, so I had to find it's replacement. As it is very rare part, and I had to made the replacement from expedients, so now it works but it has taken quite a lot of my time.

Another thing is that the centers of different crosshairs are not the same, so after switching one crosshair to another you have to adjust windage/elevation. If you have a bore sighter and you're using one crosshair for one shooting session, that's not a problem: settings stay well.

Bottomline:

Well, if you want to switch crosshairs often - that's not your scope.

If you afraid of having problems with replacing stock screws - that's not your scope.

Otherwise, that's good scope for such a cheap price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections