There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Satisfied

posted by scojj on 11/22/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

- large size clock digits can be easily seen from different angles and from a couple feet away

- since it's a digital clock it's silent, which makes it unobstrusive when placed nearby on a desk

- dual power, works with light or battery, although batteries should be used especially since it can't run without it in low light.

- batteries are included

- has three useful items: Time/Date/Temperature. Additionally there's an alarm, but I don't use this feature. The alarm isn't loud anyways.

- the unit is extremely slim, about 3/8" or 1cm thick.

- can be mounted on a desk or hung up on the wall

- the fonts are clear and easy to read, several fonts (temperature font is bold to distinguish it from the day of the week next to it on the display)

Cons:

- a bit larger than I would have liked. I wish the border was smaller. I'm sure they could have squished it all into a smaller design, but it might cost more money

- Unit came with fine scratches on the plastic casing, although thankfully the display was unscratched. The unit was packaged with a foam cover, but I think the scratches are from the manufacturing line.

- temperature is not that accurate out of the box (see fix below). Compared to two other digital thermometers at home (which I know are quite accurate) this one is about 0.7 degree celcius higher. It always reads higher than the other thermometers.

- adjustment to temperature changes are rather slow... probably takes a minute to update temperature reading

OtherThoughts:

I drilled some holes into the unit to allow external air flow which resulted in more accurate temperature readings. See my post in the forums. Now the readings are only off by about 0.2 C higher. Sometimes I notice it may be off by a larger range, but this is probably because the temperature readings update so slow in this unit.

Bottomline:

Buy one or two and place it in different areas of your house! Can't expect much better for this price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections