Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very good multimeter for starters

posted by LogicGoog on 08/10/2012
    2 0

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It is very compact - easy to carry around or store at home.

Looks quite accurate to me, although I have never owned a multimeter for a couple hundreds dollars so I can't really compare, but this one works fine for me.

It is powered by AAA batteries, which are easy to find and you can cut some costs if you get rechargeable ones like I did. Most multimeters come with 9V batteries, which are hardly ever rechargeable.

There is a section where you can put the measuring cables - it really helps keep things organized.

It can be used to measure a broad range of electronic properties. I don't even know what some settings measure, which is good, because it will help me learn.

It adjusts the measurement range itself, but also lets you do it manually. Useful if you can't do unit conversions in your head.

Turns off automatically if not used for a while.

Comes with a decent manual - it is not enough to teach you electronics, but good enough to teach you how to deal with the gadget.

Cons:

Not much, really.

Getting the measurement cables into their storage section can be a little tricky, but I don't really know how it can be made easier.

There is a little cover above the storage section which covers the tips of the measuring cables and it keeps falling off, but I do not know if it is a defect or by design. Certainly not much of a problem.

It is made of plastic, so dropping it on the ground might not be advisable.

OtherThoughts:

It is a quite good multimeter for me. A must have for electronics enthusiasts. Such gadgets cost more here locally so it was a good purchase.

Bottomline:

I would recommend it confidently. I have not had any problems with it and it is rather affordable.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections