Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjarp01 on 07/08/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Really useful if you have a modern device with a TOSLINK output and your surround doesn't have an input. the additional TOSLINK input and the coaxial and AUX are really helpful and you can select any of them with one switch and you can chose between 5.1 and 2.1... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylilbhemi on 04/14/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:the device is very compact, and easy to use. Comes with power adapter and optical wire. It has a button to chose 5.1 or 2.1 output and another button to chose the between the inputs. Cons:it doesn´t has a switch or power button, so is always on. The quality... Read more

0 0
  • posted byspooh on 04/14/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Perfect item to get use your old surround system with the new technologies. Perfectly working even when providing input sound from stereo (aux) in. Sound is good. There is option to switch between 5.1 an d 2.1 outputs. Very useful when you have not connected a... Read more

0 0
  • posted byberthellemans on 01/23/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It's a small, handy thing. I use it to convert the optical signal from my PS3, to analog surround. At first I was a bit sceptical as it was really cheap, and decoding dolby & dts requires licenses. However, it proved to do it's job. However, when first ins... Read more

0 0
  • posted byadithyagokhale on 11/17/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Converts Optic to 5.1 channel analog audio. Converts Audio coming in stereo to 5.1 channel using some algorithm which makes it hear in center speaker and some sounds in other speakers. Easy to install. Cons:Its good if it has a remote control to switch the inputs and cont... Read more

1 0
  • posted byivasko on 11/07/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:this unit is perfect for what i was looking for. it is everything it says, converts digital (optical or coaxial) to analog 5.1 sound. now it does not matter what speaker set i use, i can now decode dolby digital, dts and the like and i did not need to spend a lot of mon... Read more

decoder connected to my speakers #1 decoder connected to my speakers #2
    3 0
  • posted byvetep on 09/11/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Works quite well in decoding the 5.1 channel sound. Easy to use, solid metal case, perfect decoding, gives not much heat, just getting warm. Two optical inputs. One optical cable included. Cons:No volume control; No remote; Ports are on both sides of device; B... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynitrousoxidesis on 06/20/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Decoder does the thing-I wanted to use PS3 with my 5.1 analog audio system, and now I'm using it. Also, operation of this device is totally silent, and I like it; my previous amplifier was giving annoying sound while idle (or working). Cons:First and main con. is crappy... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysanketdesai on 04/21/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Works quite well in decoding the 5.1 channel sound. A serious value for money deal..... Cons:Everything is good. However the free digital audio cable that came along in the package is a bit of inferior quality.....Also the blue LED lights in the front are too bring and... Read more

1 0
  • posted byDK1975 on 03/06/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Easy to use, solid metal case, perfect decoding, gives not much heat, just getting warm. Two optical inputs. One optical cable included. Cons:Too shiny LEDs on front panel, all of them blue. if you watch movies at night, this is irritating. I used drops of black paint to... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections