DX » Community » Reviews » Genuine Victorinox Stainless Steel Belt Clip Keychain
  • 5 star 10 ( 91% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 9% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Solid Beltclip Keychain

posted by dial11 on 10/07/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Made of metal

- Feels sturdy and should last a long time

Cons:

- included clip is a little small for one handed opening

OtherThoughts:

For those who don't know, one purpose of this beltclip is to keep all the weight and bulk of the keys evenly distributed in my front pocket. I find it uncomfortable to have a ball of keys in my pocket, so that's what it's for.

I got this beltclip keychain to replace a one with a leather belt loop and carabiner as the leather part was wearing down.

The metal construction should help in the longevity and durability of the beltclip.

The only gripe I have with this is that the clip is a little too small for one handed opening and removal of your keys. On the other beltclip/chains I've owned they've either been the snap hook, easy to operate lever or carabiner which allows you to open the "clip" mechanism with your thumb and lift off the keyring with your index finger. Definitely convenient when you're carrying bags to the car/house and need quick and easy access to your keys.

I ended up replacing the included small clip with a 3/8" snap hook as pictured. The snap hook is about $2 at your local hardware store (e.g. Canadian Tire, Home Depot). Just find the thinnest snap hook you can find to minimize any bulk.

I don't find any difference in feel in my pocket with the new snap hook I replaced.

Aside from the included clip, this is a great belt clip which should last a long time.

Bottomline:

I'd buy it again.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections