Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good extraction fan for the price

posted by dcfairbrother on 02/22/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This is a great way to improve the airflow around a heat-intensive expansion card (espescially a graphics card). The fan clips in to the backplate nicely, and acts almost like a normal expansion fan. Its backplate is actually very stable (ie. it doesn't wobble around like some do, even when properly secured). I can feel the difference in temperature on the outside of the case, as now a major source of heat (in my case the graphics card) is now having its heat dissipated out the back.

Cons:

When I first put it in and booted up, it was making some kind of odd sound (kind of like a distressed duck or something..). I took off the case, pushed it back a bit, and the sound stopped. Just make sure it's well secured and not touching anything, or it will vibrate and make pretty annoying sounds.

OtherThoughts:

I can't say for sure what the temperature reduction is, though it seems to be doing pretty well here.

Bottomline:

Best buy if you suspect your graphics card is heating up the rest of the case.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections