Customer’s impression:
handy extra cooling
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good extraction fan for the price

posted by dcfairbrother on 02/22/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

This is a great way to improve the airflow around a heat-intensive expansion card (espescially a graphics card). The fan clips in to the backplate nicely, and acts almost like a normal expansion fan. Its backplate is actually very stable (ie. it doesn't wobble around like some do, even when properly secured). I can feel the difference in temperature on the outside of the case, as now a major source of heat (in my case the graphics card) is now having its heat dissipated out the back.

When I first put it in and booted up, it was making some kind of odd sound (kind of like a distressed duck or something..). I took off the case, pushed it back a bit, and the sound stopped. Just make sure it's well secured and not touching anything, or it will vibrate and make pretty annoying sounds.

I can't say for sure what the temperature reduction is, though it seems to be doing pretty well here.

Best buy if you suspect your graphics card is heating up the rest of the case.

Post comment

DX Everywhere