Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent product for its price

posted by wowyogi on 10/28/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

1. Relatively cheap for its hardware and build

2. Very Very fast, reroutes in software happen very fast to the point that I dint even realize it happened

3. Inbuilt software is easy and convenient to use

4. Screen brightness and volume level of device are very good.

5. FM transmitter works well without any crackling sound etc

6. GPS lock ons are VERY VERY FAST. 35 seconds for cold boot and about 5 seconds for a warm boot.

7. Build quality is excellent.

Cons:

1. touch sensitivity around the corners of the screen are poor. Tried re-calibrating but did not improve. This is not a show-stopper though.

2. Startup time is almost 10-15 seconds, this is quite standard but then again it can be improved.

3. There is a hard reset button in the behind, but its obscure and you will need to take the device from the holder and then use the stylus to reset the device. In my older device though the hard reset button was in the rear I could easily reach to it and then do the reset.

OtherThoughts:

1. There could have been hardware volume buttons but its no big deal

2. Coming from sirf III, the gps lock on times for this device are amazing. Pretty sure this is the sirf V chip in the device (AT550)

3. Not sure how this device can be opened, but hey it won't be required, but still I am not sure if this can be opened at all.

4. There is supposedly a 268 Mhz DSP processor part to the on board chip, not sure how to verify it and when it comes to play. I plan to install sygic aura in it and check how it goes.

5. Installed 4 different softwares with India maps :-). Used WolfNCU as the launch program on clicking the GPS icon.

Bottomline:

Excellent fast well built device for its price. The hardware specifications are top of the line and only second to the sirf primo chip. Very happy with this purchase.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections