Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byFlavioBayer on 01/21/2014

I was trying to make my very old computer work again but the HDD wasn't working. So I bought this 3.5" to 2.5" IDE adapter and a SD to IDE adapter. I have no problem on making it work just plug everything and it works like if there's no adapter. I used it like a 2.5" to 3.5" IDE adapter so it works on both directions(2.5" to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydakdk on 12/27/2013

Very cheap. No special drivers/software required. Great for getting data of old PATA laptop hard-drives. Solder points are exposed & might cause problems if you do not watch where you set the drive. The tap is missing - it possible to connect the harddisk the wrong way-round. However if you read a bit about the IDE-connectors and take your time,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrombox on 11/24/2012

this is such a simple item that is allmost impossible to misuse or not know how to use it. taking in consideration that unqualified person will not order such a thing there are virtually no cons.however it is a danger to the hdd because of the open construction stile.a short circuit or an accident can and will happen if you do,t take good care. for ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byadrian1980 on 10/06/2012

It works without problems. There is no mayor complexity about it. There is no electronic components and it just matches laptop hard drive pins in desktop computer conector. Build quality is according to use it by first time and then be used for many years inside the computer. No cons for me. Works fine. You can use a laptop hard drive on an desktop ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byburnable on 09/25/2012

I had a spare laptop hard drive taking up space in my closet. With this little pcb I installed the drive into my desktop. It's very cheap and simple. The board does feel a little flimsy, but it isn't something that I will unplug often. So it won't be disturbed anyway. As others have said, the board is exposed. But it's firmly plugged into the drive,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byIamTyler on 07/09/2012

Very cheap. No special drivers/software required. Great for testing PATA laptop hard-drives. Very flimsy. No covering for solder points. No hard drive mounting caddy. Very useful although the build quality is not very good. All the solder points are exposed & can cause problems if you do not watch where you set the drive. There is no caddy for the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymassdale on 02/20/2012

Real cheap. Decent build quality. Some other reviews here stated that build quality was not that geart. Well mine was. It actually felt more solid then I thought based on the pictures. Only that you have to watch how to connect the 2,5"disk in the right way. For me it felt logical, maybe for some folks it doesn't. I believe some other reviewers ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byErnestass on 02/01/2012

- Very cheap compared with prices in our local stores. - I used it to connect my laptop PATA/ATA hard drive (2.5") from old notebook in my PC to 3,5'' HDD connection. And it worked, but not for my purpose, because I wanted to crack PATA password. It did not worked with software, because you can not unlock Hitachi ATA 2,5'' HDD that easy. - Also ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byshlomsi on 11/23/2011

Simple, no electronics whatsoever adapter. Dirt cheap. Soldering quality is not good, some tracks were hardly soldered. A simple board without any electronics involved (none needed). It's a lifesaver if you need to transfer files from a 2.5 hdd to a desktop PC, and so cheap... The soldering is flimsy I had to solder some suspicious joints. A specialty ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDaveRose91 on 11/01/2011

Does exactly what it would say on the tin, if it came in a tin. No setup required (Plug and Play). Allowed me to use a 2.5" HDD in an XBOX, which uses less space and requires less cooling. This is brilliant especially if you are building a modified Slimbox, or have bought a hardware upgraded 'TrustyBox' with the faster CPU, as this will help cooling.... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections