• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Vey nice device Easy 20x for Linux
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cool gadget for the geek

posted by DrIng on 09/29/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Easy to use, just plug and click the red button to start.
    Amazing pictures, I've calculated the minimum size which you can see and it's about 1,20 micrometers. You can take pictures easily and record video. The LEDs help very much at the moment of taking pictures. I use it for viewing details at electronics circuit boards which it's hard to do when you solder SMD.

Cons:

Mine came with a little hair in the camera which I always see, luckily it's on the up-right corner so it doesn't bother much, I've tried to remove it out but it's just to tiny.

OtherThoughts:

The price it's right for what you get, it's not a cellular microscope which you will see nanometers but you still get to see pretty cool stuff at the micrometer scale (you can see stains on hair for example), and it's pretty cool to have it as a picture on your pc. Also is very portable.

Bottomline:

Cool gift for a science loving kid, also for the passionate engineer which loves soldering new electronic boards and see how common things get weird at micrometer scale.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections