• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very high quality stapler!

posted by error1 on 09/13/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The stapler is designed to look really geeky and technical, great gadget to have on your desk! The parts deliberately use many different colors of plastic to look really high-tech.
    Simple, safe operation and if it jams you can reverse the motor and eject the staples with the big red button on top.
    Clearly built to last with thick, heavy plastic.

Cons:

A bit expensive for a simple stapler, but worth the premium for the novelty effect. Uses standard 24/6 or 26/6 staples which are cheap in bulk.
    It looks difficult to get the transparent outer shell off without damaging it if you ever need to fix something inside of it. (but if you lose a staple or other small object inside the shell, you should be able to just shake it back out)

OtherThoughts:

No AC adapter included, but i suspect the batteries will last for several hundred staples. The trigger for the staple mechanism is a reliable microswitch, no fancy optical detection or other power-hungry electronics involved.

Bottomline:

Love it! I hope they make more "naked" gadgets like this where you can see the mechanism inside. Still waiting for my tape dispenser to arrive in the mail to complete the set :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections