Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byMcRagefit on 07/01/2014

- Sound quality: Haven't found the time to compare in full detail yet, but first impression: amazing for this price! I have tested this with my samsung ue32e5500 and marantz pm6003 amp. The TV has no analogue output, but I did try to use the headphone output with a 3.5mm to rca cable. This DA converter gives -much- better SQ at a very affordable price.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byNomeaning25 on 06/12/2014

The device is very easy to install. You just have to connect it to power and you are good to go. Goold connectors ensure a good connection so there is no noise in sound comming from your audio device. The optical fiber coaxial conector is a little wide, so the fiber cabel moves around. This is why the device must be on flat sourface and cant hang in ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byandyAB on 05/13/2014

works as advertised, seems really solid, very simple to use, the power wire that comes with it is long. It just does its job right, and the price can't be ignored. I used from digital toslink to analog to my sound system, worked great, loving it. no real cons, works as intended. You could say the box is a little big and ugly, but thats just pushing ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymadjo on 03/28/2014

Good audio quality, no or unnoticable delay in conversion. Small device, easily hidden from view. the red LED is constantly on, but if you hide the device this shouldn't be a problem. I use this device to have the tv audio come through my hifi-set (which doesn't have optical audio input) and have tested it with movies and games, and have seen no delay ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylogozo on 03/16/2014

I got that little device to plug between my HDTV and analog speakers (with no SPDIF input, and my TV only has optical out for audio out). Works perfectly when playing media from a laptop (through HDMI > TV > optical > This Gizmo > speakers). When using the ATSC tuner built in the TV, ATSC standard uses Dolby Digital (AC-3) which this thing ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byelmerpals on 02/15/2014

Works great for connecting our Apple TV to the older stereo installation. The product is very cheap compared to the competing products in the local shops, it at least saved us half the money. The tool needs external power and came with a US style plug, but this was easily fixed buy adding a cheap converting plug to the order. This is a great product ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBeanut on 02/10/2014

Connected this convertor between my Apple tv and my ampllifier, as the amplifier has only analog inputs. With this little box I can play music from my ipad and iphone to my oldfashioned but quality amp and speakers. And it works like a charm. I don't really know wich device is causing this problem, but when I start playing music through this converter,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMario92 on 02/09/2014

Really cheap option. These cost at least double compared what it's here and usually much more. Build quality seems to be OK and audio quality doesn't seem to have anything wrong in normal use - I'm not audiophile though. Plug wasn't EU but it's easy to fix as DX does sell universal power supplies (output 5V, 1A, positive inwards, SKU 157728 should work)... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRahzaDream on 12/20/2013

-Was blown away with the sound quality through my wireless headphones. Bought this product because my HDTV had no analog output. -Build quality seems very good, nothing loose. Feels good quality -Gold plated connectors ensure reliable connections -LED never seems to turn off, meaning you have to unplug it for it to stop drawing power Would recommend ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywindmill2010 on 11/09/2013

Ordered this excellent product and received in within aprox. one week! No shopping cost, too. Both the converter and the separate ordered toslink cable arrived in good schape. Connecting was a breeze. Sound quality is perfect, no noise, tickling or wat soever. This product in Europe costs 50-60 euro's. Buy it at DX instead!! No Cons. Tracking the shipment ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections