• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great cyber fun

posted by Joris on 03/03/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Fabulous gadget, three reasons to buy them: because they are fun for kids, because they are eye-catchers on parties (think cyber-themed, rave, ebm, psytrance here) and practical when fiddling in the dark. At parties, people ask me where I got them: when reaching inside a computer, I get light exactly where I want it (most useful is the white one of course)

Some similar gadgets have only coloured casing but feature four white leds, these leds have the colour to match (which is much nicer). Decent, simple design allows for battery replacement

Cons:

Red light is a little dim compared to the others, not that noticeable when used as decoration. A 'flash' button is missed for some applications (my father wishes to use it on his bike to signal his direction). Some sharp edges but hardly a nuisance: just a great gadget. Packed per two cardboard 'hands' stapled together, all packages were damaged during shipment - could be a problem when you give them away.

OtherThoughts:

Not tested, but you could try replacing a LED with e.g. an ultra-violet one. A version with smart controlled fading/blinking LEDs would be lovely.

Bottomline:

Was not planning on this, but: gave four away to a DJ, two to friends, one to a vision-impaired lady. Everyone loves them! The price is so-so for a DX product but at parties, vendors ask five times as much for them.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections