DX » Community » Reviews » Enjoy-You-Ride 5-LED Bike Lamp and Tail Lights (2-Piece Set)
  • 5 star 2 ( 12% )
  • 4 star 11 ( 69% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 19% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not too enjoyable

posted by Alejo on 11/28/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It is a fairly bright light when it is working but best suited I think to a children's bike and not to an adult bike being used on the streets especially in the daylight where the light is not bright enough to be seen well by car drivers

Cons:

A generic and "one size fits all" review of the bike lights I have bought from DX. The main problem with this and most of the less expensive bike lights is that the straps to hold them are of plastic/rubber material which tend to break rather easily, and the nut and bold system for tightening the strap has the nut held by a depression in the band and the bold is only tightened enough with a lot of pressure. If the auxiliary piece of needs to be used inside of the main strap because of thin bars you are trying to attach the light to it is difficult to hold in place during installation as it slips easily. I am making this a general comment because I have bought several of the lights and they all present with the same problem. Once on they seem tight and then with bumps and vibration they begin to slip down and as you are riding you need to pull them up every so often. Worse, the batteries jiggle loose and the light goes out leaving you suddenly in the dark and not wanting to stop en route and try to take the thing apart to fix, or if it is a back light you may not even know it is out and leaves you unprotected from traffic coming up behind you. I am a solid fan of DX and buy a lot of their goods but the bike lights I have do not serve their function well without some refitting and frustration.

OtherThoughts:

You can make it work but it takes some doing.

Bottomline:

Don't buy for uise in heavy traffic.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections