DX » Community » Reviews » Nail Art Beads Set (Assorted 2-Pack)
  • 5 star 2 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Would make a cute gift for tweens.

posted by Lillium on 01/08/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

These are really cutely packaged, and I'm sure many little girls would be attracted to the packaging alone. They're really fun to use and it comes with a wide variety of shapes. Not all of them look like gemstones, some are just flat, 2D shapes made of plastic. The nails fit me perfectly.

Cons:

The glue that is included is NOT recommended for use to adhere the shapes onto the nail. It's really goopey and has strong chemical smells. Only comes with 10 nails so there's no room for mistakes and only one size. The wheel of the bead set was REALLY difficult to turn, so I had a hard time getting to the beads I wanted to use. The plastic nails are clear with designs on them so when you put them on, you can still see your regular nail, so it doesn't look too great.

OtherThoughts:

After I bought these, I went to a chinese mall (Pacific Mall, ON) and found these for sale in some corner dollar store for 2 or 3 bucks each.

Bottomline:

I mainly bought these for the nail beads, so I don't really mind the crumminess of the fake plastic nails. They would make great stocking stuffers or loot bag fillers for birthday parties (not recommended for children 6 or under because of small parts) because the packaging is just so darn cute.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections