DX » Community » Reviews » 3W/5W 20-Mode Regulated Circuit Board for Flashlights
  • 5 star 10 ( 77% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 15% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 8% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bylyonn on 09/04/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Capable of high output power with 1*AA battery - 20 modes capability - Good build quality - Gold plated PCB tracks - Does not heat up - Good price Cons:- Changing modes is relatively difficult - PCB size is not ideal for AA size flashlights - Output is too high with 2... Read more

0 0
  • posted byecotack on 05/26/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:One of the better 1.5v drivers Fit my Small Sun ZY-C41 Well made, soldering was good and clean Cons:Not 800mA at the LED, but I've not found any that will yet. Needs a simple group (low, mid and high) OtherThoughts:How do the pick and place machines mount thos... Read more

0 0
  • posted byneonu on 04/12/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It`s amazing add-in for 1 AA flashlight to provide more light than you can to impress. I have 2 RC-G2 and one was modded with this board to compare. Brightness of stock RC-G2 is compared to MID of modded RC-G2. Stock RC-G2 was greenish, but with this board the light is mo... Read more

0 0
  • posted byflashin on 10/06/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:has a pretty good boost for 1.5v aa powered lights.(RC-G2) once i got it on high it was noticeably brighter.(i'm still using the P-2, but have a P-4 to swap in) the lower light levels are nice to have. they extend battery life. sometimes the single mode lights are way t... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypekcle on 07/03/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:This is one powerful circuit board. I put it in a Romisen RC-G2 along with a Q5. It is one of the brightest light I have now, based on throw. The pre-soldered wires are help a lot. It also works as a single mode, which I did by putting another wire through the hole at the... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylaser123 on 06/11/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I am amazed at this driver, it can boost the voltage of a aa and still deliver 800ma, that is amazing, the modes are nice and allow for alot of versatility. Using this driver and a good quality ni-mh(alkalines cant handle the current draw so are able to actually put out... Read more

0 0
  • posted byxsosx on 06/06/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:The price is good and with other inexpensive items on this website you can build a high-end flashlight for a low-end cost. It is able to remember the last mode and group you used which is very helpful. Cons:I find that most small flashlights on this site use 16mm driver... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymohamed on 06/03/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:very nice circuit board for AA flashlights. very cheap for $4 and works perfect. can give your flashlight a whole new life. Cons:it is around 17mm wide which is a little too large for my RC-G2 pill. i had to sand it down a little bit to make it fit in. it has 20 modes whi... Read more

0 0
  • posted byyekimak on 05/14/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Mode memory. Remembers where you left off. Uses PWM, which was worrysome at first but it is a fast PWM so the lowest levels don't flicker too bad. Output on high is pretty nice. With a R2 salvaged from another project and stuffed into a Stainless C3 it outdoes a... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydealgrabber2002 on 03/27/2008

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This baby can pump out 600-800mA from one AA. Very well built look quite nice, no sloppy job making a weak light into an AA throwing monster Can convert into 1 mode Cons:Not much except that it was back order for a long time. I waited 14 days before it was back in sto... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections