DX » Community » Reviews » 3W/5W 20-Mode Regulated Circuit Board for Flashlights
Customer’s impression:
Interesting boost driver to mod
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bypower911 on 11/17/2014

Pros: -interesting modes to choose from -invisible PWM that works smooth -works with 2xAA (alkaline only) to boost up to 1.8A to drive my XML T6 (brighter than using stock lithium driver) Cons: -17mm board. Not common for AA lights -messy modes -PWM humming -only supports single AA (2xAA alkaline works.... Read more

Very good single AA boost driver for modes Very good single AA boost driver for modes Very good single AA boost driver for modes

Impression:Interesting boost driver to mod;

0 0 0

• posted bylyonn on 09/04/2010

- Capable of high output power with 1*AA battery - 20 modes capability - Good build quality - Gold plated PCB tracks - Does not heat up - Good price - Changing modes is relatively difficult - PCB size is not ideal for AA size flashlights - Output is too high with 2*AA Good boost LED drivers are harder ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byecotack on 05/26/2010

One of the better 1.5v drivers Fit my Small Sun ZY-C41 Well made, soldering was good and clean Not 800mA at the LED, but I've not found any that will yet. Needs a simple group (low, mid and high) How do the pick and place machines mount those coils??? I wanted to replace the LED in my torch and add a ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byneonu on 04/12/2009

It`s amazing add-in for 1 AA flashlight to provide more light than you can to impress. I have 2 RC-G2 and one was modded with this board to compare. Brightness of stock RC-G2 is compared to MID of modded RC-G2. Stock RC-G2 was greenish, but with this board the light is more white and MORE bright. Stock ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byflashin on 10/06/2008

has a pretty good boost for 1.5v aa powered lights.(RC-G2) once i got it on high it was noticeably brighter.(i'm still using the P-2, but have a P-4 to swap in) the lower light levels are nice to have. they extend battery life. sometimes the single mode lights are way to bright for some situations and ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bypekcle on 07/03/2008

This is one powerful circuit board. I put it in a Romisen RC-G2 along with a Q5. It is one of the brightest light I have now, based on throw. The pre-soldered wires are help a lot. It also works as a single mode, which I did by putting another wire through the hole at the edge. I left the original white ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bylaser123 on 06/11/2008

I am amazed at this driver, it can boost the voltage of a aa and still deliver 800ma, that is amazing, the modes are nice and allow for alot of versatility. Using this driver and a good quality ni-mh(alkalines cant handle the current draw so are able to actually put out 800ma) battery you can power a ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byxsosx on 06/06/2008

The price is good and with other inexpensive items on this website you can build a high-end flashlight for a low-end cost. It is able to remember the last mode and group you used which is very helpful. I find that most small flashlights on this site use 16mm drivers and this is 17mm. I spent some time ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymohamed on 06/03/2008

very nice circuit board for AA flashlights. very cheap for $4 and works perfect. can give your flashlight a whole new life. it is around 17mm wide which is a little too large for my RC-G2 pill. i had to sand it down a little bit to make it fit in. it has 20 modes which i was told is very hard to use.... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byyekimak on 05/14/2008

Mode memory. Remembers where you left off. Uses PWM, which was worrysome at first but it is a fast PWM so the lowest levels don't flicker too bad. Output on high is pretty nice. With a R2 salvaged from another project and stuffed into a Stainless C3 it outdoes a NDI in overall output. Wired with heavy ... Read more

0 0 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections