Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month
- You can backup your contacts
- Backup SMS messages
- Put certain types of ringtones on certain phones!!!
- Put certain "operator logos" on certain phones - UNTESTED
- Backed up contacts from deactivated tracfones USA: Motorola C139, Nokia 1100b
- Was able to see text messages on the C139, not sure about 1100b
- Can combine multiple address books [manually]
- Screw with your friends! You can put a message on your phone that says it's from ANY NUMBER and have ANY MESSAGE! Be responsible with this though! ;)
- Didn't work with Windows Server 2003, only XP
- No readme on the CD that I can see but figured stuff out with another reviewer's help
See the forums for my post with the necessary files!
Here's what I did:
Plugged in reader - XP Home couldn't find what it needed
Installed Setup.exe from E:\Usb-SIM9.0
Installed Setup For HugePine.exe from E:\Usb-232\HL0108
Unplugged and replugged reader - let XP Home "install the software for Huge Pine USB to Serial Ports"
Launched SIM Scanner v9.0 to see what it would do
Launched SIM Editor v9.0 and was able to backup contacts from multiple phones and combine them to my one main phone
Put the SIM card in like this:
Chip part DOWN, cut corner sticking out
It's really cool that I was able to do what I did with this product and it cost SO little. People break and loose SIM cards all the time. Why spend hours figuring out who you had on your phone? Just spend a couple bucks and pick one of these up.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.