• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great for a backup drive

posted by saffy on 07/23/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Bought this case in order to remove my second harddrive from my computer to use less power and to make less heat.

The drive is used for backup and once a fortnight I go round the family computer to backup everyone's data.

It was easy to assemble once I gave up trying to screw the the second side of the HDD to the enclosure.

It seems solid, I wouldn't throw it around but it protects the fragile parts of the harddrive.

IDE and SATA support.

Cons:

I only managed to screw one side of the harddrive to the case (not that it matters much, since it is held fairly firmly in place)

The power converter and the case get hot if used for longer than 45 minutes at a time but it cools down soon enough.

OtherThoughts:

I removed the IDE converter bit to make more space inside the case.

Power cable is asian (I had a few around the house so it was not a problem).

Note: Remember that if you connect your enclosure via a usb hub instead of via the usb socket -directly- then tranfer speeds are slower.

Bottomline:

Excellent price, I'd been looking for a 3.5 inch drive enclosure for a while and had found nothing under 50$

It works fine, and at current usage (not more than an hour at a time) it doesn't drastically overheat despite not having a fan.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections