DX » Community » Reviews » Mechanics Soldering Paste (50g)
  • 5 star 12 ( 80% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 13% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTrinityTrip on 07/23/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It is the real stuff! Tiny solder balls suspended in flux. Anything remotely like this costs a fortune. Works perfectly. Place a few smears or blobs on your PCB and stick your components down and solder away. Cons:Flux has a strong odour when soldering. Could... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHarleyDK on 03/28/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:1. Easy to use. 2. Low melting-point (contains lead). 3. Low price not affecting the quality. 4. Hopefully a permanent stock at DX. Cons:The only thing I can think of is: . . . . Nope nothing comes to mind OtherThoughts:This is one of the best inventions for hom... Read more

1 0
  • posted byshao.fu.tzer on 12/15/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:1. Easy to apply 2. Stays where you want it to 3. Makes beautiful solder joints 4. Makes soldering fun again 5. Good consistancy 6. Cheap Cons:1. Doesn't come in a giant 55 gallon drum with its own soundtrack and topless dancers OtherThoughts:Soldering paste oh solderin... Read more

1 0
  • posted bykazenokage on 12/09/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:I bought it for some works in my home and for some little things done for hobby. I can say even if not the best soldering paste I've ever bought it's the most cheapest and near to the best one I've ever used. It's easy to apply It's a lot It's cheap It's useful Cons:It... Read more

1 0
  • posted byrudeboyinc on 07/25/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Mechanics Soldering Paste (50g) : Cant get better then this price i bought now already for the second time this past it is perfect for all the littel diy solder jobs around the house and even good nuff for some fine hobby work Cons:I cant think of any not even... Read more

1 0
  • posted byshao.fu.tzer on 03/23/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:1. Inexpensive 2. Works like I thought it would 3. Produces amazing solder joints 4. Super easy to use 5. Large quantity 6. Good viscosity makes placement a breeze 7. Best solder I have EVER used Cons:NONE AT ALL!!! OtherThoughts:I've been soldering since I was 7 years... Read more

0 0
  • posted byABCellers on 01/22/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This is a great low heat solder paste. It melts at approximately 183 °C (361 °F). That is very good for avoiding the thermal breakdown point of your electronic components. It flows quickly and evenly, no bridging on integrated circuits. The metal content by vo... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOtatiaro on 01/19/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It works. It's a soldering paste (not flux). Leaded. When used pure it's not quite easy to use but just add some home made flux (based on colophony violin rosin found here) and it becomes more sticky and easier to use. Cons:This is not something everybody can... Read more

0 0
  • posted byvilmas on 01/14/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:If you need paste, this works. It's inexpensive. It's probably more than enough to last most casual hobbyists for a very long time. (Most people will probably lose this bottle before the product actually runs out.) Cons:-great amount of product, will last for... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCorail on 06/08/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Thick solder paste that works lika a charm. Easy to use and apply. 63% tin and 37% lead (plus additional flux, to form a paste) Just dip the solderpoints in it, hold in place and gently touch with well heated soldering iron. Reduces heat transfer to components p... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections