DX » Community » Reviews » Mechanics Soldering Paste (50g)
  • 5 star 14 ( 74% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 11% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 16% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTrinityTrip on 07/23/2012

It is the real stuff! Tiny solder balls suspended in flux. Anything remotely like this costs a fortune. Works perfectly. Place a few smears or blobs on your PCB and stick your components down and solder away. Flux has a strong odour when soldering. Could be toxic but if you blow while soldering it's no problem. Also works well with wires when you are ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHarleyDK on 03/28/2012

1. Easy to use. 2. Low melting-point (contains lead). 3. Low price not affecting the quality. 4. Hopefully a permanent stock at DX. The only thing I can think of is: . . . . Nope nothing comes to mind This is one of the best inventions for home electronics builders. Just dilute with liquid flux to make it flow better. I use a small syringe to apply ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byshao.fu.tzer on 12/15/2010

1. Easy to apply 2. Stays where you want it to 3. Makes beautiful solder joints 4. Makes soldering fun again 5. Good consistancy 6. Cheap 1. Doesn't come in a giant 55 gallon drum with its own soundtrack and topless dancers Soldering paste oh soldering paste... Where have you been all my life? I honestly have a hard time using regular solder now. I'... Read more

1 0
  • posted bykazenokage on 12/09/2010

I bought it for some works in my home and for some little things done for hobby. I can say even if not the best soldering paste I've ever bought it's the most cheapest and near to the best one I've ever used. It's easy to apply It's a lot It's cheap It's useful It dry faster so is a good suggestion take only what you need and then close the container.... Read more

1 0
  • posted byrudeboyinc on 07/25/2010

Mechanics Soldering Paste (50g) : Cant get better then this price i bought now already for the second time this past it is perfect for all the littel diy solder jobs around the house and even good nuff for some fine hobby work I cant think of any not even the price You will solder a lot with this Only thing u got to make sure CLOSE the lid immediatly ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byshao.fu.tzer on 03/23/2010

1. Inexpensive 2. Works like I thought it would 3. Produces amazing solder joints 4. Super easy to use 5. Large quantity 6. Good viscosity makes placement a breeze 7. Best solder I have EVER used NONE AT ALL!!! I've been soldering since I was 7 years old and had never used this stuff. I was aways a coil solder type of dude. I bought this on a whim and ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byABCellers on 01/22/2010

This is a great low heat solder paste. It melts at approximately 183 °C (361 °F). That is very good for avoiding the thermal breakdown point of your electronic components. It flows quickly and evenly, no bridging on integrated circuits. The metal content by volume has to be somewhere around 90%, based on the character of its performance. It has great ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOtatiaro on 01/19/2010

It works. It's a soldering paste (not flux). Leaded. When used pure it's not quite easy to use but just add some home made flux (based on colophony violin rosin found here) and it becomes more sticky and easier to use. This is not something everybody can use. You need a minimum of tools and experience to use it well. A very good soldering iron is mandatory,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byvilmas on 01/14/2010

If you need paste, this works. It's inexpensive. It's probably more than enough to last most casual hobbyists for a very long time. (Most people will probably lose this bottle before the product actually runs out.) -great amount of product, will last for a while -not much fumes -takes a while to evaporate,so you won't need to add more flux -it has some ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byWelland on 09/05/2009

Solder paste is useful for SMD components. Relatively low price. Weight of the package is right. (Some of the package shipped from some supplier only send you 45g material instead 50 g on the label.) No. Not at all. 1. Should be lead-free. 2. 500g package would be better for people need large quantity. 3. Flux type should be printed on the label. 4.... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections