DX » Community » Reviews » Ultra Bright 2-Mode White LED Headlamp (2 x CR2016)
  • 5 star 2 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 33% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Simple, tough, and reliable

posted by Corran2015 on 05/16/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Genuine Nite Ize product -comes with Nite Ize branded batteries, good quality soldering and internal hardware. Emitter isn't your generic keychain LED, but obviously a custom molded plastic with exceptional clarity and an inverted dome that seems to put out light more efficiently.

Ran it for at least 8 hours off 2 CR2016's (literally, I just left it on my desk, didn't seem to be any dimmer when I checked again) , which if you buy them from places like DX is a major plus since they're cheap, flat, and compact.

Gives me enough light to set up my backpacking tent, but I can deal with low light levels so mileage may vary for you.

Seems to be fairly weather resistant with the way the flexible rubber front closes over the base, but probably not water-proof if submerged.

Pushing it twice turns it on to a flashing signal mode that my friend said was very noticeable at 200 yards off in total darkness.

Like a lot of the small LED stuff Nite Ize puts out it seems to adhere to the philosophy of simplicity in design.

I'm buying more and sticking one everywhere.

Cons:

This isn't really a con to me since I can work with it and I bought this wanting something simple reliable and solid, but its not the brightest. I have enough light to perform basic stuff like setting up a tent with or navigate in the dark so fine by me.

OtherThoughts:

Ordered a bunch of extra CR2016's that I'll throw in a waterproof bag in my backpack for camping, and some in my car. The sku.1253 lights each have 2 CR2016's in them so I keep a bunch of those handy, if I need to I can pop the batteries out of those to power this light. A lot of the other Nite Ize stuff runs off these too, making it a great redundant power source.

Bottomline:

Buy one, for your car, one for your backpack. Takes up almost NO space and weighs nothing. Great to see in the dark during a power outage or disaster or just if you're camping and don't want to be burning AAA's or 18650's all the time.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections