DX » Community » Reviews » EM-411 GPS Engine Board Module with SiRF Star III Chipset
  • 5 star 4 ( 80% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byUberHuman on 01/07/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This GPS module has big antenna and that is very good if you want use it in indoors. I once saw collegue's GPS module (it comes with Ardupilot), their antenna was much smaller. Fix for GPS satellites is fast: when I turn it on, it got fix after half minute max... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjcourter on 05/18/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This unit has a very fast signal acquisition time. The power consumption is low, making it ideal for battery powered projects. The serial communication protocol is widely available on the web, which makes it easy to use. Cons:Loses signal at times when inside... Read more

1 0
  • posted byoverkillthemighty on 05/16/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Great device Cons:None OtherThoughts:If you grab the SiRF Demo application, you can adjust what is send and how often. For example, I found that if I only enabled the RMC and GGA it reduced the amount of processing required to get the info I wanted (I am using... Read more

1 0
  • posted byHiPERnx on 03/04/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Cheap Easy to get started Small Works perfect with my arduino uno via serial (4800baud). Cons:Slow start up Says i'm 15 km away from my actual position and it says it has perfect GPS reading (Only me?). Boring packaging, only a bag. Don't listen to my nmea commands. Other... Read more

1 0
  • posted bytcampanate on 02/11/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- It's cheap. - Has a Buit-in antenna. - Small. - Came with a 6 pin cable. - Has a led that helps to identify if your wiring is correct or not. - It's very easy to find documentations over the internet. - Fixing time is faster than from my cellphone as is it's signal qu... Read more

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections