Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• The best Headset for Skype + online gaming so far.

posted by rnapoli2004 on 06/25/2011
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Advantages of this (SKU 80043) over Bluetooth solutions:

- This Headset has no perceptible delay whatsoever.

- Zero time for reconnection when signal is lost while walking around the house.

- Strong signal, can go thru one or even two walls.

- Way more than 10 meters within line of sight, maybe 20m.

- It comes with it´s own USB Dongle, Windows 7 x64 automatically recognized it and installed correct drivers, no CD was ever needed.

- Microphone is close to your mouth so the sound is much clearer and it doesnt pick surrounding sounds as much as other headsets that have the mike almost inside your ears.

Cons:

Disadvantages:

- A little more disconfortable than Jabra 650 Blutooth headset, I can´t use it for more than 3~4 hours straight, while the Jabra 650 I could use it all day long without even noticing it.

- Does not connect to cell phone or any BT equipment.

- Microphone sound can be heard loud and somewhat clearly but with limited frequency range (sounds like old phoneline call) don´t get me wrong, it´s a good sound just not perfect, it picks only your voice, not environment sound like other products that have a mic far away from your mouth.

OtherThoughts:

It´s not Bluetooth, and that is good actually, try to avoid Bluetooth when possible. All Bluetooth headsets I used so far have a small to medium delay when used with PC´s (100ms to 800ms), I even tried to use several Bluetooth USB dongles 2.1 + EDR (Jabra 650HS), there is always some sort of delay in the sound, making it annoying to watch movies and Skype calls. I used the best drivers, and the best software BlueSoleil, but the delay never completely zeroed.

If you are gonna use with cell phones it has to be BT, then in this case I recommend the Jabra 650 (SKU 51735) paired with BT 3.0 Dongles.

Bottomline:

I have been looking for the perfect solution for wireless headset to use on PC for online gaming + Skype, I got some BT headsets and some non-BT, and this is possibly the best non-BT with microphone.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections