DX » Community » Reviews » Universal Gun Cleaning Kit Tools Set (7-Piece Set)
  • 5 star 4 ( 80% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Did you ever clean your airgun barrel?

posted by Armani27 on 01/09/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

- 50 centimetres long, which is more than enough for my airgun.
    - It's cheap but it works, which is more than perfect for an amateur plinker. It's not a "state-of-art" piece, but it does what it promises.

Cons:

- The cotton brush was a little tight, which made me push a little, while I was rolling the rod clockwise. Due this action, the screw thread tightened, making difficult to unmount at the end. I had to use two pliers for it. I advise to lube the screw threads for helping to unscrew it.

OtherThoughts:

- Always turn the rod clockwise, to not unscrew it inside your barrel. If you do differently, well, I warned you... you may have headaches umtil you free your barrel.
    - When the cotton brush finishes, I'll keep the rod for using it with rags, until I'll buy a new one.

Bottomline:

In more than two years owning an airgun, this was the first time I made a barrel cleaning. It was in need. It is a pity that airguns don't come with a cleaning kit, but that's okay: DX have one for you. Mine was delivered in 25 days, ealier than expected.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections