There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cost effective watch with clear dial

posted by weemeng on 09/16/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Inexpensive watch with metal case. The military dial is clear and is easy to read. The lume lasts only about an hour which is enough to tell time in a darkened cinema.
    It has a screw back case which provides better water resistance. Though not recommended, I have swam with the watch (no deep underwater diving) in fresh water swimming pools without any ill effects to the watch.
    The lugs size are 18mm.

Cons:

The nylon strap provided is very coarse and uncomfortable. I would recommend changing it to an 18mm NATO strap.
    The date change mechanism is not smooth. When i first got it, it was jammed and the date would not change. Was about to do an RMA but decided to give the dat change mechanism another twirl. Lo and behold, it works!
    The watch crystal is flat so it would cause reflections and under water at certain angles, total internal reflection causes it to become a mirror and u cant tell tihe time.
    The crystal raised slightly higher than the bezel. Expect scratches on the crystal if one is not the careful type. If the bezel is higher than the crystal, the bezel rim would get hit before the crystal does.

OtherThoughts:

Being an electronic quartz watch, it's more accurate than any mechanical watch that costs more, until the battery is exhausted. Then it maintains its precision only twice a day.
    If you get the scre in case back opener from here, you can easily change the battery yourself.
    I wish that the manufacturer would not print any logo on the dial. It would make the watch look even better!

Bottomline:

It's a great buy for everyday use. The metal case protects its mechanism adequately.
    It's an understated watch with a nice size for small/medium built people who don't like to wear pizzas on their wrists.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections