• A nice novelty watch

posted by acdarc on 06/10/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- It looks very very cool.

- Reading time is quite easy when you get the hang of it

- Shows date also

- Feels sturdy in your hand, surprisingly heavy though.

- Very bright

- The button used to display time is big and works easily

Cons:

- The leather strap is very very stiff. I almost couldn't wrap it around my wrist and it was uncomfortable. It needs to be replaced.

- Setting the time and date is difficult. When you attempt to adjust the time, and delay pushing the buttons even for 2 seconds it goes off again and you need to start from the beginning. You need to be very fast.

- No seconds display. Even a plain second-timer would have been nice.

- Not sure if the automatic display of time can be turned off. This can be very annoying in theatres or other places where it needs to be very dark.

OtherThoughts:

The manual could have been a bit more clear. It explained things very oddly and repeated same things over and over again making it hard to read. For example it reminded that "you might not see LED's if there was too much light" practically in every sentence.

Bottomline:

I like this watch. If I'd bought something like this in my country it would have cost 10 times more. Reading the time is not as fast as just looking at a set of numbers like XX:XX:XX as were accustomed (atleast in here), but I don't think anyone buys a watch like this for that purpose. If you want something to show off or draw attention, this is your product :). A must-have for geeks! (like me).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections