Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very Good

posted by TSnake on 01/05/2013
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

No silly modes included (like seizure inducing SOS flashing that is never going to be used), this light is either "ON" or "OFF".... brilliant. Solid overall construction, quality switch that's well positioned to prevent accidental operation when thrown in a toolbox or backpack.

Cons:

As mentioned by other reviewers, the straps are too tight for anyone who is older than 12. I smashed up and threw away the clips and sewed the straps together. Now the clips don't hurt my head and the straps are loose enough to be comfortable. Not cheap, but they are worth it.
    I didn't realise until I read the other reviews and I agree, the hinge mechanism needs smaller positional steps. 3 steps is too course and really isn't good enough (I wonder what sort of people they employ to design things like this when they miss things that are obvious). The dimmer knob on the battery box works fine, but it'll be the first thing to break.

OtherThoughts:

I've been searching for the perfect headlight for me, I thought that the Cree Q3-WC 3-Mode LED Headlamp was the one in spite of it's faults (see my review). However this headlamp is much better.

Bottomline:

Buy one and be impressed.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections